North Atlanta Inaugurates New Interact Club

Casandra Jones, Interact club adviser.

Henry Pastel

Casandra Jones, Interact club adviser.

Who is interested in a club focused around community and international service? Beginning next school year at North Atlanta, a club of this nature will be offered to Warriors who join the Interact Club. The club’s sponsor will be school graduation coach Casandra Jones. Participants must be between with ages of 14 to 18 years old they will need an inner desire to help individuals in their community.

The student branch of Interact Club is closely related to the Buckhead Rotary Club, the umbrella organization that sponsors Interact. Members of the Buckhead Rotary will provide North Atlanta students with support and guidance as the club grows and becomes more influential in the community.

The Interact Club was introduced to North Atlanta in March but the official date that will be placed on the Certificate of Organization will be October 3 in the fall. The leaders of the news club have been proactive have already met to prepare for the coming school year. North Atlanta Interactive officers are Desiree Emory, president; Jada Jackson, vice president; Kiera Bowen, secretary; David Gachuz, treasurer; and Kennedy Mallard, historian. These five will attend Leadership Camp this summer and will return in the coming school year with new and exciting ways to motivate other students to become engaged.

“We believe this will be a wonderful opportunity for students to gain real-world service experience and also to establish networks with business and community leaders,” Jones said. “This will be a win-win for all those who participate.”

The Interact Club plans to increase club membership by inspiring students to become more active in their communities. Interact officers and members are ready for a new year where they can do their part to positively impact the school and the surrounding community in manners both large and small.