Students Will Flock to North Atlanta College Fair on August 28

These days it can be an impossible task to try and pick your perfect college. There are so many factors, ranging from money and housing and including school size and proximity to home.

For those students wanting to learn more about the colleges they’re thinking about attending after high school, a perfect event will be the North Atlanta High School College Fair on August 28 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the school gymnasium.

The sponsor of the event is the North Atlanta Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA). Organization members have been hard at work and thus far more than 150 colleges are slated to attend the event. Many in-state colleges will be there including the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Georgia Southern and Emory University. Some of the most renowned colleges from around the nation that will be there include Vanderbilt, Harvard, Brown, Johns Hopkins, Auburn, Cornell, University of Alabama, Florida State University, University of Kentucky, Ohio State and the University of Notre Dame.

There’s good news for those thinking about an international university as representatives from two schools based in Scotland will be there. Beyond the University of Dundee and the University of Glasgow, there also will be a representative from Les Roches-Glion International School in Switzerland.

It’s suggested that students familiarize themselves with some of the schools so they can narrow down their interest to around a dozen colleges. Students should focus on the things that are important to them, whether it be school size, campus environment, scholarship opportunities, in or out of state, along with the academic programs offered.

Only juniors and seniors are eligible to attend this event. Anyone attending must obtain a ticket before August 28. A requirement for securing a ticket is writing a 200-word maximum statement where an applicant describes three goals he or she hopes to achieve after high school. Applications must be summited to a student’s Language Arts teacher by Friday, August 21.

On August 28, event attendees will miss part of first or second period class. It’s expected that all those who go will wear appropriate business casual attire.

Your college choice is important. All juniors and seniors who need more guidance on where to pursue their dreams are encouraged to make it to the college fair.