North Atlanta Water Warriors Head to State

Shannon Davis

Pictured left to right: Miles Jackson, Cody Sarden, Ethan Roman and Alex Day

January 26 was a day to remember. While the Atlanta Public School Operations Team worked to restore water in the school building, the North Atlanta Swim Team splashed its way to first and second place at the Atlanta Public Schools Championship Meet at Washington Park Natatorium. The Water Warrior boys won first place with 680.5 points overall, and the Water Warrior girls won second place with 541 points overall.

Senior Captain Alex Price stated, “we swam really good, from the freshmen to senior swimmers. I am really proud of our team. Our boys continued its winning streak, now seven years against Grady High School Knights boys. It was nice to maintain the tradition.”

“I am proud of the Water Warrior girls. Though we did not win first place, we did really well,” said Senior Captain Morgan Gomez. She added, “the freshman and sophomore girls are really fast. They were instrumental to the girls relay teams qualifying for State.”

Freshman swimmer Hunter Smith found her first year challenging but enjoyable. She remarked that Coach Alan and Coach Star are amazing and the upper classmen are funny. Hunter saw her swim time improve throughout the year and is looking foreword to next season.

The Georgia High School Association Swim and Dive season ends February 6, 2016. Hopefully the swim team will live up to last year’s standards.