Warriors Become Yellow Jackets

Georgia+Tech+Admits+gather+for+a+picture+that+was+posted+by+GT+admissions%21+

GT Admissions

Georgia Tech Admits gather for a picture that was posted by GT admissions!

Georgia Tech is one of the most competitive and intellectually challenging colleges in the country. Despite those intimidating words, this year Georgia Tech accepted 22 out of 32 students at North Atlanta for early action with only 9 students deferred. “I literally started crying when I got in; I was so excited,” said senior Christina Aggrey-Banks.

Georgia Tech was the number one school for many students, though the acceptance rate does not inspire confidence in the minds of those that applied. Even those in the top of the class were nervous about their prospects. “My sister works at Georgia Tech and they called to tell her that I got in before I even knew,” said senior Colleen Wong.

Katie Faussemagne, the Georgia Tech representative for Atlanta, said that every year the applications from one high school in the Atlanta area stand out. Last year, that high school was North Springs and this year, North Atlanta was seen as the best through the eyes of Georgia Tech.

Though the numbers for regular decision don’t come out until March, they are sure to be just as notable as the numbers for early action. Mikala Bush, the College Career Advisor, said, “I am very impressed with what this class has managed to achieve.”

Another notable statistic would be that 2 students from North Atlanta are being considered for the President’s Scholarship, which is a 4-year, full-ride scholarship that is only offered to the top 1% of first-year students.

Students work as hard as they can to get the grades that they do and while those statistics for the Class of 2017 are impressive, North Atlanta is sure to impress Georgia Tech for many years to come.