Potent Warrior Offense on Display in Double-Header Wins Over Grady

Pitcher+Grame+McLeod+take+the+mound+for+the+warriors.+

Cady Studios

Pitcher Grame McLeod take the mound for the warriors.

Double header means double the opportunity to win.

The above was the philosophy held by North Atlanta’s varsity boys baseball team during a home double-header on Saturday, Feb. 18. The Warriors brought their “A-game” and triumphed over Grady High School to win both games.

The day’s rain and cloudy weather did not keep the Warriors from maintaining wide leads in both games. On the mound during game one was senior Logan Egan, who kept the Grady team at bay, allowing just one run in seven innings pitched. In support of Egan were RBIs by Jack Ferguson, Chandler Coleman, Nick Gaitan and William Fowler. The final score in the Warrior victory was 6 to 1.

The second game of the double billing against Grady featured more heavy batting from Warrior en route to an 11 to 1 victory. On the mound, senior Jack Ferguson was in control for a strong five innings. The high score was powered by RBIs from Ferguson, junior Chandler Coleman, senior William Fowler, junior Tyler Israel, junior Isaac Mundy and sophomore Nick Gaitan. Sophomore Brett Roberts added another run to the scoreboard by stealing all bases. With the potential for more Warrior runs, the umpires ended the game in the fifth inning by invoking the mercy rule.

Saturday’s wins came on the heels of a Friday, Feb. 17, Warrior victory over Maynard Jackson High School by the score of 7 to 4. The game’s opener was senior pitcher Graeme McLeod and freshman Wiley Hartley closed the game.

Head coach Stephen Muoio said he’s heartened by the results of the three games. “I think we’re making some great strides,” he said. “We just need to build on the foundation we’ve built in the past month and a half,” he said.

Players also echoed their coach’s positive sentiment. “We were really pumped to get the wins in. It felt really good to get key wins against APS rivals,” said Ferguson.