Student-Athlete Siane Peak Dominates the Field

Cady Studios

Volley Peak: Senior Siane Peak shows a strong presence on both the court and the classroom, dominating volleyball and her academic studies.

Student-athletes at North Atlanta make up a large majority of the population,  however there is a select few that can juggle multiple sports as well as keep up a near perfect academic career. Siane Peak is a Warrior that goes above and beyond excellence not only in her athletics, but in her academics as well.

As a freshman, Peak participated in both softball and basketball, playing a dominating and leading role in both teams throughout the progression of her high school career. Her leadership in her athletics led her to be a standout and a constant figure for both squads on the varsity level. “I’ve always been an athlete all my life,” said Peak. “The responsibility that comes with being a captain in both sports has contributed to my growth throughout the years as a player.”

As one of the most decorated athletes on both teams, Peak has won several accolades for her outstanding achievements, such as the Most Valuable Player Award for softball for the 2018 fall season, a feat attributed to her talent as a catcher as well as an excellent hitter. In addition, she has also won best defensive player for basketball, most notably for her hustle and domination on the court. Not to mention that she is both a captain for both squads, an award in itself for displaying her natural leadership skills.

Aside from all of her accomplishments with her athletic talent, Peak also takes academics just as seriously. Taking all higher level courses, she prides herself in being a student-athlete and embraces the dual-lifestyle that it brings. “For me, academics always comes first.” said Peak. “I strive to continue to challenge myself in the classroom. For me, time management is the most important aspect of being a student athlete.”

In the coming fall, Peak plans on studying at North Carolina A & T in Greensboro. Although her time at North Atlanta is coming to a close, Peak’s driven leadership and her ability to perform at the highest level will impact Warrior athletics for seasons to come. As for the future, it is clear that the talented Warrior student-athlete has not yet — and this pun is certainly intended — reached her peak.