North Atlanta’s Bracelet Bunch Ties Together the Atlanta Community

Bailey Diamond

Tied Together: Juniors Lilly Mason and Caroline Hammond are the founders of the Bracelet Bunch, a club that creates and sells friendship bracelets in the community.

North Atlanta offers a wide range of clubs and organizations, covering many hobbies and giving students opportunities for service and school involvement. New clubs are generated by students every school year, and this year brought a particularly interesting club: The Bracelet Bunch.

The Bracelet Bunch was dreamed up by juniors Lily Mason and Caroline Hammond, who wanted students to be able to impact the community in a unique way. In the club, students make string bracelets to sell. The proceeds then go to benefit a community organization. “Friendship bracelets have always represented positivity and inclusiveness,” said Mason, the club’s president. “I wanted to express that in our club because friendship bracelets definitely have a way of bringing people together.”

The club offers a unique opportunity for students to get community service hours as well as CAS hours for IB students. The community service aspect of the Bracelet Bunch focuses on reaching organizations that interest the students involved in the club. Club members get the opportunity to vote on what they want to benefit, and that organization then receives the club’s proceeds. Hammond, the club’s vice president, explained the importance of the community service the club focuses on. “Community service is one of the most significant parts of our club,” she said. “Being able to benefit the Atlanta community through our creativity is so exciting.”

Many students are involved in the club and enjoy their contributions and involvement. Whether it’s the artistry of creating a new bracelet or enjoying quality time with friends, the Bracelet Bunch is a fun community to take part in. “I love getting to be a part of the club,” said junior Molly Neel. “Every time we meet it’s so much fun and I love knowing that we’re all working for a common cause.”

The Bracelet Bunch has created a distinctly positive and unique group at North Atlanta, and continues to promote inclusivity and service. As group members continue to create friendship bracelets, Atlanta expresses gratitude for their spirit and unique contribution to the community. Community service has never been so colorful.