Warriors Take Pride in Unique School Culture, Wearing North Atlanta Stamp Proudly on their Sleeves

North Atlanta distinguishes itself with a very specific, natural culture. Warriors stand apart in the crowd. We can certainly be seen wearing North Atlanta’s stamp as a signature heart on our sleeve. Warriors are unique, yet brought together through the things we say and do, the places we go, and even the clothes we wear. 

The places North Atlanta students choose to go definitely matters, and our commonplaces have become a part of our trademark. West Paces is our high school home ground, and is a common meeting place among students. Students love grabbing breakfast before class at Goldberg’s, as well as making post-school runs for coffee at Starbucks. Willy’s and Chick Fil A are other prominent locations. The brand names have become associated with hungry North Atlanta students- without our weekly burrito or chicken biscuit, it wouldn’t be right to call us Warriors. 

North Atlanta culture is even marked with a specific vocabulary. Warriors use words that other high schools aren’t even familiar with, and use them proudly. When we play other teams in sports, you can hear “OTP” being chanted by black and silver clad high schoolers, poking fun at teams coming from outside the Atlanta perimeter. Other Warrior words include ddosed, periodt, and dubs. “Our school definitely has a vocabulary of its own,”  said Junior Colin Brake, “It cracks me up hearing other high schoolers get confused about words we say.”

Flannels, tennis shoes, blue jeans, and the occasional pair of cowboy boots might as well be branded with a Warrior crest. Sweatpants and yoga pants, as well as Georgia and Georgia Tech gear, each make their appearances in North Atlanta student’s closets as well. Junior Molly Neel noticed this school style. “Students at our school like wearing casual clothes,” said Neel. “It makes the morning less stressful and the school day more comfy.” Supreme, Lululemon, and Nike are also prominent brands seen on students in the halls. 

Other renowned aspects of North Atlanta? One major trademark is our pep rallies. Unlike other schools, our pep rallies tend to have dance battles, and students always look forward to seeing which brave soul will go out and dance. North Atlanta is also known for unexpected lunch entertainment, and everything from DJs to mariachi bands have become fair game for the cafeteria. Warriors also commonly introduce the subject of our massive school building, boasting our 11 floors and elevator system. 

Warriors are proud of being a part of such a distinct school culture. Like her fellow students, Junior Ashley Humphrey takes pride in the school’s culture. “Having so many things that unite us is something really special. It makes me happy to be a part of North Atlanta,” said Humphrey. Whether it’s our weekly trips to Willy’s or our common  sense of humor, other high schools are taking notice of what makes us come together. North Atlanta’s school culture is a force to be reckoned with.