Toren Stafford Makes Georgia State Chorus Once Again

North Atlanta Freshman Will Sing in Prestigious Choir

Freshman Toren Stafford recently received a sought-after slot on the prestigious Georgia All State Chorus on January 15. Stafford is one of just 350 students in the chorus.

The Georgia All State Chorus is comprised of the best singers from high school choirs around the state. Stafford says, “I was overjoyed that I had made it for the second time and I finally had all the stress and anxiousness lifted off my shoulders,” he said.

It’s a common saying that “practice makes perfect.” While it might be a cliché, it proves true in Stafford’s life. He has sung in choirs since the fourth grade. Stafford began with his church choir and then continued at Campbell Middle School.

After entering North Atlanta, Stafford immediately became involved in school choirs. It’s his aspiration to make All State Chorus all four years. After graduating, he plans on attending college where he will major in music.

The All State Chorus had its first and only concert on Feb. 22 at the Classic Center in Athens, Georgia. During the concert, the choir sung a wide variety of songs, from songs in foreign languages to Shakespearean sonnets.

“You can’t imagine how thrilling to be part of a spectrum of excellent vocal talent,” Stafford said. “Every year it’s such an awesome experience and it always makes me want to return for the next year.”