Joshua Good: North Atlanta’s Finest

ktbshots

Midrange Maestro: Goode was lethal from anywhere on the court, but especially in the midrange.

Joshua Goode has been an integral part of the North Atlanta basketball program since his freshman year. Starting out on the ninth grade team, he was a perennial starting guard for the Dubs. As a sophomore, Goode made the varsity basketball team and has been a staple of the roster since. Despite his senior season ending in a disappointing 6-19 record, he was a walking highlight reel. Averaging a team-high 16 points, along with 5 assists and a steal per game, Goode was the premier player, captain, and orchestrator on the Dubs.

Being immersed in the North Atlanta basketball program since his freshman year, Goode contributed his development to the older guys who helped him learn the ropes. Under the guidance of coach Kerry Sarden, the three-year varsity athlete is a completely different player than he was when he walked into the North Atlanta gym as a young freshman. This season Goode took the reins and was often the best player on the court, earning him All-Region Second Team honors. “It was a great way to see all my work pay off and be recognized. Being a part of an elite group is an honor,” said Goode. “Even though my senior season went by in a flash, I am leaving with countless memories.”

Goode took the down year as an opportunity to  mentor the young guys, a role in which he flourished. As captain, he led the team through thick and thin, all in an effort to leave the program better than he found it.“This season was a good learning experience for all of us,” said Goode. “The one thing I wanted to preach was the importance of having the right mindset. No matter our record,  I always went out looking to compete. 

This year’s record does not fully reflect the experience Goode has had playing basketball at North Atlanta. Over the years, he has made countless memories and formed bonds with his teammates and coaches. “I have two favorite moments at North Atlanta. The first was my sophomore year when I hit a buzzer-beater at the end of the game. Even though the shot meant virtually nothing because we were already winning, the whole team rushed the court like it belonged on ESPN. The second was my senior night. Even though we lost, I had a great game, scoring 23 points in front of friends and family,” said Goode.

Goode plans on playing college basketball and is finding ways to make that dream a reality. He had the team physically and mentally ready to fight each and every night, leading by example and holding himself to high standards–a mindset collegiate coaches look for and love. North Atlanta will miss the offensive production and leadership Goode brought but wish him well in whatever comes next.