Warrior Bookstore: The Jewel On The Third Floor

The+Warrior+book+store+provides+many+needed+necessities+for+North+Atlanta+students+during+their+lunch+periods+as+well+as+before+and+after+school.+

Sara Beth Cimowsky

The Warrior book store provides many needed necessities for North Atlanta students during their lunch periods as well as before and after school.

If you’ve ever been in quick need of some school supplies – a pencil sharpener, a new eraser, or perhaps a few mints to hide the stench of the garlic bread you ate at lunch – then you’re probably aware of the school bookstore.

Located on the third floor, just around the corner from the cafeteria, lies the Warrior Bookstore, the most convenient place in the building. Not only can you find the basic school necessities, such as your assigned reading books and school spirit gear, the bookstore also sells some quirky finds. Look closely into the overflowing counter and you’ll soon realize just how awesome their array of products is.

The woman behind the operation is Mrs. Avis Eichelberger, the Career and Technical Instruction Coordinator here at NAHS. What many people don’t know about the bookstore is that it is what she calls a “school-based enterprise.” During the lunch period, she works with special-ed students, who help her run the store. They do everything from helping stock the shelves, cleaning the counters, and even handling transactions themselves.

“The most rewarding part about running the bookstore is being able to see improvements in my students,” Eichelberger said. “ I also get the chance to meet other students, which I wouldn’t get to do if I had a regular teaching job.”

Warriors, you no longer have to stress over forgetting your supplies at home. Although they can’t sell you that math homework you seem to always lose, the Warrior Bookstore has just about everything else you may need. Stop on by during your lunch period or even before and after the school day. As little as a couple of dollars will get you a long way.