The Long-Awaited Vending Machines

Vending+machines+are+a+much+awaited+treat+for+students+at+NAHS.+

Sara Beth Cimowsky

Vending machines are a much awaited treat for students at NAHS.

Has dire thirst ever left you unable to concentrate in class? Do you ever find yourself longing for a cold drink after climbing the never-ending flights of stairs at North Atlanta? Well, good news, your days of dry mouth are long gone. As of March 5, almost every floor, including those in the Hillside building, has been stocked with brand new vending machines.

There was a shared shock experienced by almost every student when they first got a glimpse of the bright blue eye-catching machines. With everything from tangy Orange Fanta to classic Coca-Cola, there is sure to be one of your favorites. “They’re pretty awesome, I’m glad we finally have them,” said junior Colin Jackson.

Although the soda selection varies greatly in flavors, they all share one characteristic: “zero.” This simply means that the company is claiming that the drink has zero calories. Many students were left wondering why only “zero” options were available. “Normal coke taste better in my opinion,” said senior John Self.

The health regulations put in place have many restrictions on what food and drinks are offered to students. Luckily, “zero” sodas are seen as healthier alternatives to regular sodas, and therefore are permitted. This might have been a turn-off at first, but most students quickly adapted to the taste. “At least it’s something. We can’t really complain,” said Jackson.

If you aren’t in the mood for a soda, no need to worry. The machines are also packed with ice-cold water bottles, equally priced at one dollar. Although water fountains are found all over campus, everybody knows that they stand in no comparison to the pure taste of Dasani. “I’m so glad we don’t have to drink out of the gross water fountains anymore,” said sophomore Kate Masih.

Warriors, the time has come. The wait is over. Next time your hectic classes start to stress you out, just head over to the nearest vending machine. Your favorite ice cold drink is sure to keep you smiling.