Sprucing Up North Atlanta: New Trees on Campus

If you’ve looked out of any of our building’s many windows recently, you must have noticed all of the new trees being planted. They just popped up out of nowhere over the course of a few weeks, and no one knew why. So what’s the deal with all these trees?

The project was a part of the tree recompense requirement from the City of Atlanta tree ordinance. This requirement essentially means that when North Atlanta’s campus was being built, a lot of trees were torn down and now they have to – by order of the city – be replaced. Our school has finally gotten around to meeting its requirement and has replanted all of its required trees.

The trees were planted in two phases, both of which are now complete. The expensive project was funded by Atlanta Public Schools. Phase one, which cost $205,000, consisted of the planting of 381 trees. Phase two, which reached an even more impressive $459,000, meant planting 659 more trees. All in all, our campus now has 1,040 new trees and the project cost an eye-popping $664,000.

A lot of time, effort and money went into planting these trees around campus. Replanting them creates a beautiful landscape of greenery all around the school. So next time you look out the window, appreciate the countless new trees and a beautiful campus, inside and out.