North Atlanta Track and Field Sprinting Ahead of Competition

Track athletes junior Sarah Pearl, Aubrey and sophomores Sydney Miller push this season for the Warrior Track and Field team.

Contributor

North Atlanta Track and Field is off to an impressive start as the team started its  2018 season and hopes to establish a strong foundation for the campaign ahead. The season kicked off with the first meet of the season on Feb. 15, with its first meet of the season at Discovery High School, Lawrenceville.

The Warriors had success in all parts of the meet, even having all girls place within the meet as well as impressive runs from the boys team. North Atlanta sophomore Sydney Tribou won as well as set a personal record in pole vaulting in field events, while Alexa Todd finished fifth in the 100, and the 4×100 relay team, consisting of Jamesia Jett, Kennedy Fields, Alexa Todd and Dalen Saunders-Carter, won the event.

The boys team also had success with notable runs from junior Mac Bloodworth who placed fifth in the 800, as well as senior Justice Crawford and junior David Hur who placed third and eight respectively in the event.

This season’s squad has an abundant combination of both veterans and newcomers, that are hopeful to be successful at every match this season. With Coach Terence Amos and Coach Patrick Stafford at the helm along with veterans such as senior Tariq Moore and Bloodworth, the Warriors are searching to create growth within the program.

The season is full of meets where they will be facing runners from region foes such as Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Pope and Cambridge.

“Each meet is important to us in order to have the season we are looking to have,” said Bloodworth, who has been an impactful addition to the squad since freshman year. “Overall I am excited for the season and what it’ll bring to the track program.”

Junior Libby Jern, a newcomer to the team, placed sixth in her first event, which was her North Atlanta track debut. Jern said she believes the squad will be able to pull a successful campaign for the 2018 season. “Track has been such an enjoyable experience for me,” she said. “I am looking forward to competing in future meets and continuing to challenge myself with track as a whole.”

With such a combination of talent and depth, it is certain that North Atlanta Track will have a season of highlights and competitive showing at meets. As the Warriors continue to run hard, the future of Warrior track is secure.