Sophomore Sydney Tribou Leaping to New Heights

Vaulting+Ahead%3A+Sophomore+Sydney+Tribou+is+taking+her+sport+to+new+levels+for+the+Warrior+track+and+field+team.+

Cady Studios

Vaulting Ahead: Sophomore Sydney Tribou is taking her sport to new levels for the Warrior track and field team.

In North Atlanta High School, many student-athletes have the daunting task of juggling both their academic career as well as their athletics. Sophomore Sydney Tribou exemplifies what it means to be a student-athlete, maintaining both good grades and achieving multiple athletic personal records.

During the spring, Tribou is busy participating in track and field and is a star athlete in the field sport of pole vaulting. She holds the best record for a pole vaulter at North Atlanta this season, and is aiming to continue to improve her personal record.

In the Titan Season Kick-Off on February 15, she placed 1st in in the finals, as well as at the SRCS Patriot Invitational on March 3. In this season alone, her personal record has gone from 8 feet 7 inches indoor to 9 feet 3 inches outdoors.

As she pushes herself she said she plans on reaching for even higher heights as she advocates for her sport. “Pole Vaulting is a sport that isn’t all that popular,” said said, “but I really enjoy educating others about the sport and what it means to me.”

Beyond excelling with her athletics, Tribou is a high achieving student that strives on success within the classroom. A two-year honor roll student, she plans to take on the challenging IB program as a CP student, which differs from the DP program and is one of the new pathways offered at North Atlanta. Tribou feels that the pathway would challenge her academically and is a suitable fit for her. “The CP program seemed more of a fit for me as a student than the DP pathway, because the workload is less and I can focus on pole vaulting and my other passions,” she said.

One thing is for certain, that whether it be excelling to new heights in pole vaulting or achieving academic success within the classroom, Sydney Tribou embodies what it means to be an all-around student athlete.