Atlanta Places: Funky Little Five Points Still City’s Epicenter of Cool

Get Your Funk On: North Atlanta students seeking adventure frequently make their way to Atlanta’s eclectic Little Five Points commercial district.

Stock photo

Cute boutiques, vibrant colors and crowded, lively streets are just the beginning of what one of Atlanta’s most interesting areas has to offer. Little Five Points is a long-established cultural hub in Atlanta, brimming with personality and liveliness. Many Atlanta natives enjoy this quirky area of the city and North Atlanta students have come to absolutely love it.

Little Five is crammed with good vibes and students love soaking in all of them. This city spot offers noteworthy restaurants, psychedelic street art and authentically peculiar shops. It seems as though a hundred stories are being written in Little Five, as people from all different backgrounds come together in this interesting spot.

Junior Abbey Easterwood is a fan of the area’s eclectic shops, specifically the Clothing Warehouse. “It has tons of old vintage t-shirts with really cool designs, which I love,” she said.

Junkman’s Daughter is a favorite spot of junior Ansley Booth’s, specifically for finding the perfect costume or interesting accessory. “The building itself is even a masterpiece. The outside is a huge mural of the sky with dragons and mountains.” she said. “The creativity of that is so cool to me.”

Alongside the stores in Little Five Points, there are countless restaurants that are Warrior favorites. Take Savage Pizza for example, an Atlanta original, that creates mouth-watering pizza in a unique superhero-themed atmosphere. Another popular destination at Little Five is Aurora Coffee, which serves great cups of java all in a funky setting.  

In Little Five there’s a constant flurry of activity and vibrancy. North Atlanta students love to spend time in the area, absorbing every eccentric detail. Senior Katherine Atkinson is especially entranced by the characteristics of Little Five Points, especially when it comes to getting the perfect photo. “It’s a great place to take pictures because the buildings are so colorful and unique,” she said. “There’s also a lot of awesome street art.”

Little Five Points is a groovy area that all types of North Atlanta students just can’t seem to get enough of. From record stores to pizza joints, and everything in between, this unconventional spot is a must for adventure-seeking people all across Atlanta.