Welcome To The Warrzone: A Glimpse Into North Atlanta’s Fiery First Student Section

Riley Martin

Dub student section said “Aloha” to the 2022 football season, showing their unfaltering support and school spirit at the first home game.

Hello Warriors, or should I say… Aloha! North Atlanta’s first home game of the season resulted in an electric win with a final score of 50-6. The Dubs football team is bringing intensity and a new competitive edge to this football season, and students on the cheering side of these games are ready to show their school spirit like they never have before. The first home game had a theme that allowed students to escape their school lives and venture to a luau on a tropical island. So Dubs, gather your leis, throw on your tropical shirts, and get ready to talk about some school spirit! 

As their time at North Atlanta begins to diminish, the seniors are making sure to soak in all the fun and excitement of their last high school football season. Luau night had quite the crowd, with an extremely lively student section to kick off the home portion of the season. Much of the cheering during the game came directly from NAHS’s much-beloved seniors, who put large amounts of effort into their themed outfits and their supportive chants. Among these seniors is Virginia Brewer, who considers football games a favorite of hers. “North Atlanta is bringing it this year, and school spirit seems to be at an all-time high,” she said. “It was so fun to get dressed up, and I can’t wait to go all out for every other theme.” 

Spending a night decked out in fun luau-themed outfits surrounded by the jubilant energy of the Dub student section is quite the experience, especially when it is one’s first time. For many of the “new kids” of the school, otherwise known as the freshmen, this was perhaps their first time at a high school football game, and most definitely their first time in the WARZZONE (aka the student section). One of these delighted newcomers is freshman Scottie Brown, who like many others, had all good things to say about the thrilling game. “I’ve always heard about high school football games being fun, but nothing anybody told me compares to that game,” she said. “It was so much fun to be in one place with all of the school, and experience such an amazing win in person.”

Football fan or not, North Atlanta students sure know how to turn on the energy when it comes to showing their spirit, with the first home football game being living proof of that. With four games under their belts (all happening to be wins, Go Dubs!), North Atlanta’s football team is ready for a season of domination, and Warrior nation is even more ready to pack the WARRZONE and show their undying support for the Dubs.