We Got The Spirit: Homecoming Week Breakdown and Recap

Heriot Parsons

These Dubs loved HOCO week! Juniors Phoebe Jones and Ayana Ragin enjoyed their fun-filled Homecoming Week.

The most wonderful time of the year has come and gone! Christmas? No, Homecoming Week at North Atlanta! From spirit days to football games, the Student Government had a lot planned for this year’s Hoco Week. This year’s theme was “A Night in Vegas” meaning each day of the week had a Vegas-inspired theme and several after-school events. As usual, there was a Homecoming Royal Court and pageant, with the winners being announced at the Homecoming pep rally on Friday, the 30th. Needless to say, Vegas came to NAHS and it was a huge success.

Spirit Day Themes and Events Recap:

All Week: Hall Decorating Wars: Teachers and students came together after school to decorate their respective grade-level floors to a corresponding Vegas-related theme. This was a competition with the grades (and their floors) to see who could out-decorate the rest. Judging took place on Wednesday and Thursday (September 28th-29th), with the Seniors coming out on top!

Monday: Sleepless Nights in Vegas: Pajama Day! Dubs rocked their coziest PJs and slippers to school, enjoying their Monday in comfort. 

Tuesday: “Future So Bright–We Gotta Wear Shades”: Warriors were decked out in all-black attire and crazy shades/hats at school. The Homecoming Pageant was after school, where those on the Homecoming court showcased their talent and style. 

Wednesday: We Are The Champions: Dubs sported their favorite team jersey or PowderPuff t-shirt. Speaking of PowderPuff, the tournament took place after school. The freshmen and sophomores went head to head in the first game, with the sophomores coming out on top. Next, the juniors and seniors faced off, with the seniors bringing home the win. Finally, it was time for the championship game: Seniors vs. Sophomores. The Seniors played an impressive game and took the Dub, making them the 2022 Powderpuff Champions, winning glory and bragging rights.

Thursday: Let’s Take It Back: Thursday was a double day with a Throwback theme AND Bring Anything but a Backpack Day. Students and teachers showed off their decadent decade attire and backpack substitute. Trash can, canoe, toilet: we saw it all.

Friday: GLOW Dubs: Neon Day. There was a pep rally at school for the Homecoming Game vs. St. Pius. Due to worries about inclement weather, the homecoming game was rescheduled for 7 pm on Monday, October 3rd, at Henderson Stadium. Every Warrior MUST show up in as many bright colors as possible. The more neon, the better.

Saturday: Vegas Poker Night: Sadly, the Homecoming Dance is being rescheduled (new date currently unknown). Whenever the dance is, the Warriors will come dressed to impress and be ready to dance the night away!

This Homecoming Week just might go down in North Atlanta history, and it isn’t done yet! Full Warrior attendance is necessary at both the homecoming game on Monday and the rescheduled dance. Remember: “What Happens at North Atlanta, stays at North Atlanta”. Go Dubs!!