The Beginning of the End: Seniors Spill on Their Long-Awaited Senior Spring Break Trips

NAHS Goes International: Seniors take over Punta Cana as one of the many trips taken over the spring vacation.

Regardless of what your plans are, senior spring break is meaningful to all as the last big break before the end of your high school career and marks the beginning of the end of the school year. After spring break is when graduation plans begin and senioritis really kicks in. Senior spring break can be a time of rest or a time of celebration for the future plans that lie ahead. Many students take this break as an opportunity to go on a vacation with friends, go on an international trip, spend time with their family, or even visit their college of choice to prepare for the fall. 

The spring break trip that many seniors were buzzing about this year was the resort vacation in the Dominican Republic that was attended by 150 North Atlanta seniors and their parents. The eager seniors arrived in Punta Cana in droves and essentially took over the Hyatt Ziva resort for four sun-soaked and memorable days. Some of the trip highlights included a silent disco night that was enjoyed by seniors and their parents alike, and a catamaran trip to experience the sights of the Caribbean Sea. For senior Lindsay Vicens, it was a last hoorah before college and a celebration of all of her hard work in high school. “Spring break was such a great way to get all of our friends together in one place to celebrate the last four years we have spent up until now,” said Vicens. “I can’t believe it’s already over”. 

The Dominican Republic trip was not the only destination reached by North Atlanta seniors over spring break. Other popular stops included Costa Rica, Mexico, and Florida. Many seniors itched to go somewhere warm, but wanted to go on a smaller trip with their close friends or family. Senior Dominic Fanelli went on such a vacation with his group of friends to a resort in Tulum, Mexico, where they spent the week zip lining, going to the beach, dining at cantinas, and seeing tropical wildlife. “It was really special to go on a nice vacation with my close friends before we all go off to college in different places,” said Fanelli. 

Other seniors opted for a preview of their next four years by spending a few days of their spring break at their college of choice, or visiting the schools they had been accepted into to help them make a decision. Spring break is a popular time to visit college campuses because the weather is nice and the college students are still on campus because they often have a different spring break than high schools do, and are enjoying the final few weeks of their semester. Senior Caroline Clippinger spent a few days of her spring break experiencing the University of Virginia, the school where she will be spending her college years. “Experiencing and meeting people at my future school after deciding to officially commit there made me really excited for the next chapter of my life,” said Clippinger.

After a memorable week on vacation, the senior Dubs are back at school and are ready to face graduation preparation, while all asking the same question: “How did it go by so fast?”