The Chosen Ones: North Atlanta’s Newest Warzone Leaders

Down%2C+Set%2C+Hut%21+Seniors+Maggie+Andreski+and+Harrison+Balch+are+gearing+up+to+command+the+stands+as+this+years+Warzone+leaders.+
Down, Set, Hut! Seniors Maggie Andreski and Harrison Balch are gearing up to command the stands as this years Warzone leaders.

Each year, two outstanding seniors are chosen to lead the beloved Warzone, a GroupMe composed of the student body. After a fantastic reign, Warzone leaders Tanner Adams and Mac Perno retired and headed off to college, passing on their titles to current seniors Maggie Andreski and Harrison Balch. The pair’s natural ability to lead, paired with their charisma and devotion promise a memorable year to come. 

As school begins, and most importantly football season, our two Warzone leaders are crucial for keeping up the school spirit. Andreski and Balch are responsible for the student section, a hefty task for two teenagers, but there’s nothing this pair can’t tackle. They will be found sitting front and center, leading chants, cheers, and rollercoasters, keeping the student section in check and coordinating game themes with SGA. Their friends contest that they were the perfect pick for Warzone leadership. “They both have great energy and are very social people,” said senior Alexandra Kazamias. “I don’t doubt they will make this season the best yet.” 

Andreski and Balch are not only sports fanatics but also longtime friends. Both attended the same elementary school, Morris Brandon. Sharing experiences from kindergarten to 12th grade has made this role an even more exciting and unforgettable task. They have already mastered the art of teamwork and are working together to get everybody, from freshmen to seniors, involved in the excitement. “I hope to make games something memorable for my friends and I,” said Andreski. “Especially since it’s our turn to experience the excitement of being the oldest at the games.”

Andreski and Balch’s roles don’t stop at the conclusion of football season. Their responsibility to hype up game attendance and school spirit lasts year long. Fall, winter, and spring sports alike deserve the spotlight from Dubs fans, and in past years Dub support has certainly fallen short. This concern hits close to home for Balch who is also a Varsity Basketball player. “The reality is, the more people involved in the games, the more fun it is for everyone,” said Balch. 

Sports seasons are an exciting time for players and students, and are especially special for Balch and Andreski who hold important status during their last year as Dubs. Keep a watch out! The pair will be sending out messages to remind students not only to show up but to show out. And there’s nothing the Dubs do better. Go Dubs!