What Are Those?!

Students+sport+different+popular+shoe+brands+%28left+to+right%29+such+as+Jordans%2C+Converses%2C+and+Vans.+

Sara Beth Cimowsky

Students sport different popular shoe brands (left to right) such as Jordans, Converses, and Vans.

What’s one thing all Warriors have in common? We all have shoes on! So, to the question made popular on Vine, we now ask the question: “What are those?!”

Fashion trends among all among the well-heeled are among the craziest seen in years. From Nike to Jordan, Yeezy to Vans the variety of sneakers only continues to grow.

A way popular offering this year is from Nike’s Air Jordan line. Be it the 4s or the 7s Michael Jordan – or Nike – has collected his plenty of dough from North Atlanta students. Fans say there are many reasons for these enduringly popular jumps. “It’s the style and the variety of colors,” said junior Treston Anderson.

Others link their popularity to the man who inspired them. “They’re named after the greatest basketball player on Earth,” said Junior Ampith Anderson.

Let’s get off the court and go to Atlanta’s Old Fourth Ward Skate Park where Vans are king among the skateboard set. There could be a Vans for every personality as the shoe line features more than 900 different designs. “They look cool and you can’t beat the comfort factor,” said junior Ismael Luca Jarmache.

Vans are ubiquitous in our halls but Converse Chuck Taylors are seemingly universal. White seems to dominate among women here but every color is kicking in our hallways. “They go well with every outfit. It’s just a classic shoe,” said sophomore Roya Register.

That popular “What are those?!” Vine has upped the shoe ante. Everyone feels the need to stay “up to par” with today’s trends. Get caught wearing a pair of leather geezers and you just might get a baneful, finger-pointing “What are those?!” So get the right pair and happy shoe hunting!