Ugg Season or Ugg-ly?

Whether+worn+with+jeans%2C+leggings+or+skirts%2C+Uggs+are+a+staple+in+the+wardrobe+for+many+girls+at+North+Atlanta.+

Kayla McKinney

Whether worn with jeans, leggings or skirts, Uggs are a staple in the wardrobe for many girls at North Atlanta.

The classic Ugg boots have been a staple in many girls wardrobe since the early-2000s. Whether tall, short, buttoned, chestnut, chocolate, black or gray, it doesn’t matter, the Australian shoe company is known by many in our southern city of Atlanta. Once the cold weather rolls around, the Uggs get broken out. I’ve had my tall, chestnut Uggs for about four years now and they’re well loved, but can I wear them again?

The question now is: “Are Uggs too middle school?” I’ve gone out and talked to many fashion savvy students to see how they feel about the iconic Ugg boot. “Yes! It’s always Ugg season,” sophomore Ansley Barbieri said. “Uggs keep my feet warm. I’d probably freeze with out them.”

Regardless of if it’s Ugg season or not, the question right now is whether or not Uggs are still in. Many girls believe that the shoe is strictly for comfort and warmth in the deep winter months, some think the shoe is a go to, and others say that the shoe is something you should never wear. While some say “Uggs are only cute in winter,” many guys are not fans of the shoes at all. “Uggs are not cute, especially the short Uggs. Just ew,” said freshmen Dante Bastien. “They put the ‘ug’ in ugly.”

It was unanimous that the boys did not like the shoes. Sophomore Tucker Shields said, “it’s definitely not Ugg season. They just aren’t that cute.”

Personally, I think it’s Ugg season, but I probably won’t be wearing my Uggs until December. Many broke out theirs at the first hint of cold air. I’ll leave it up to my fellow North Atlanta students to decide whether it’s Ugg season, or its time to retire this formerly fashionable footwear.