North Atlanta Welcomes Upcoming Freshman Class

The+movational+banners+around+the+school+are+a+positive+reminder+of+North+Atlantas+excellence.+

Kayla McKiney

The movational banners around the school are a positive reminder of North Atlanta’s excellence.

The end of the 2015-2016 school year is approaching, and that means a brand new freshman class. What better way to welcome them to our school than the annual Warrior Welcome?

The Warrior Welcome is a showcase of all North Atlanta has to offer: clubs, athletics, and much more. The Welcome consists of rising 9th graders and their families coming to North Atlanta to tour the school. “The Warrior Welcome is essentially an open house where rising ninth graders and their families can come see North Atlanta,” said assistant principal Meredith Kaltman.

Seniors spoke about their experiences at NAHS and some staff members spoke about programs they run. Students and parents were then able to tour club tables and get information about athletics and other extracurricular activities.

The new freshman class is estimated to be about 475, very close to the current freshman class of 467. There will be no space issues and no drastic accommodations will be required. “They’re a perfect fit,” said Kaltman.

The Warrior Welcome is a great way to give next year’s new class a good look at our school. Let’s make sure to wish them all a warm welcome when they get here!