Jarred Kemp: A Man of Excellence

Jared+Kemp+is+a+positive+student+at+North+Atlanta+and+a+prominent+member+in+Students+of+Excellence.+

Sara Beth Cimowsky

Jared Kemp is a positive student at North Atlanta and a prominent member in Students of Excellence.

Jarred Kemp, the president of North Atlanta’s Students of Excellence group, has left a trail of footsteps that will lead to success for anyone that decides to follow. He has grown as a student, and is a bright spot in the lives he touches. With his great work ethic, he will continue to shine and go on to accomplish his life goals.

As a junior, Kemp is balancing schoolwork, his responsibilities and just being a teenager overall. While these may be a challenge to other ordinary kids, he stays motivated to continue striving for greatness. “My motivation is my willingness to make my family proud. I also refuse to be broke in life,” said Kemp.

Motivation is a key ingredient to success and it seems that Kemp has got it locked down.

He has to be a strong leader in order to receive such a high administrative position as the president of the Students of Excellence, which is run by history teacher Antoine Everhart-Chappelle. The group’s motto is ‘Creating leaders while changing lives’ and Kemp and his offers are motivated to do that, for themselves and for all students in the school. “Being a student of excellence is more than just being in an organization,” Kemp said. “It means being the best version of yourself you can possibly be.”

As for his future, Kemp is thinking big and his plans include owning a record label and building his legacy. “Although I may not know what the future holds, I can see now that it will be very bright,” he said.

He’s a young man who exudes confidence and determination, and it’s these traits that will lead to greatness. He said he wanted to exhibit leadership skills in order to be a role model for younger students. “I just want to successfully ride this roller coaster called life,” Kemp said.