Risky Business: Hungry North Atlanta Students Ordering in Take Out

Students continually order in to North Atlanta even though the administration doesnt allow it.

Sara Beth Cimowsky

Students continually order in to North Atlanta even though the administration doesn’t allow it.

Every day at North Atlanta a line of food-laden vehicles pulls up to the entrances – or other places. So, what exactly is this take-out army servicing? The answer is the nearly unending desire that North Atlanta students have for take-out.

Not always falling within the boundaries of the rules, and certainly giving an emphatic vote of “no confidence” in the school lunches, Warriors are ordering in food through services like Uber Eats, Grub Hub, or delivery services from take-out restaurants as varied as Chinese, Papa Johns and Jimmy Johns.

Students say that their appetite – more than anything else – causes them to risk getting in trouble with the school authorities. “I just don’t like to eat the school lunches. I either get food from outside of school or I bring my own,” said junior Leah Horner.

Most students order food to the school by delivery services that nearby restaurant offer or services such as Uber Eats. “It’s just so easy to order food to be delivered to the school. I don’t see the harm in it, especially if the school won’t provide good lunches,” said junior Terrell Rainey.

So many students have been ordering food on a daily basis to be delivered at school, administrators have actually begun to implement punishments for kids who do so. “I’ve had administrators take my food before,” says junior Presley Bradford.

Not only do administrators confiscate food that’s delivered or dropped off now, but they are also threatening to take away prom privileges. A letter was sent out to all North Atlanta students and parents saying that if food was delivered or dropped off by parents to students during school hours the food would not only be confiscated and not returned to the parent or student, but also that student will face disciplinary consequences, including but not limited to, the loss of prom.

So, the decision might be yours, all you hungry Warriors. Do you want to eat sweet and sour chicken now or dance to “The Grapevine” in April? The choice is yours.