Thinking with Excellence to Inform and Enlighten

Filed under News, Showcase

Next Destination for Class of 2017: Everywhere

North+Atlanta+students+will+leave+their+school+and+attend+college+pretty+much+everywhere.+
North Atlanta students will leave their school and attend college pretty much everywhere.

Jack Stenger

Jack Stenger

The Class of 2017 – at 400 strong – is the largest graduating class in North Atlanta history. And just where will members of this class land as they pursue post-secondary paths? The answer is: Pretty much everywhere.

If college acceptance letters are any indication, many schools like what North Atlanta produces and many colleges across the state and country are hoping to enroll Warriors in their incoming freshmen classes.

Where in-state schools are concerned, members of the Class of 2017 were accepted at Georgia Tech, the University of Georgia, Emory University, Georgia College and State University, Georgia State University, Georgia Southern University, Morehouse College, Spellman College, Agnes Scott College, Oglethorpe University, University of West Georgia, Savannah State University, Valdosta State University, Savannah College of Art and Design, among others.

Marquee schools in the Southeast include the University of Florida, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University, University of Alabama, Auburn University, University of Tennessee, University of South Carolina, Clemson University, University of Mississippi, University of Kentucky, College of Charleston, Wake Forest University, the University of the South, Tulane University and Vanderbilt University, among others.

Military academies include the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy and U.S. Air Force Academy.

Eastern seaboard and Northeastern schools include the University of Virginia, University of Maryland, Seton Hall University, Rutgers University, Howard University, New York University, St. John’s University, Drexel University, Boston College, Brandeis University, Temple University, Rhode Island School of Design, Princeton University, Dartmouth College and Syracuse University, among others.

Midwestern schools include the University of Michigan, Indiana University, University of Wisconsin, DePaul University, Purdue University, the Art Institute of Chicago and the University of Illinois, among others.

Across the country, Warriors were accepted at the University of Texas, University of Colorado, University of Arizona, University of Southern California, University of San Diego, University of California-Los Angeles, University of California-Santa Barbara, and the University of Oregon, among others.

What started at 4111 Northside Parkway in Atlanta now continues at destinations around the state, nation and world. A North Atlanta education will get you places and the Class of 2017 offers ample proof.