Terrian Rainey: Star Student-Athlete

Senior Terrian Rainey is North Atlanta’s starting left tackle on the football team, but people do not realize how much he does off the field. He does his best to put the “student” into the student-athlete tandem and does so by rocking a 3.5 GPA. He is a star on the football field but it’s his positive attitude off the field that makes him stand out so much to his teachers and peers.

Rainey loves school and he loves the challenge it brings him to play football while excelling at school. His favorite class is his British Literature class with Aneisha Davis. Rainey also said he’s been a fan of his history classes he’s taken. “I like literature because of the writing and my teacher is very understanding and helpful to her students,” he said.

Although Rainey is a very big academics guy, he still loves North Atlanta for other reasons than the excellent academics. He said he loves the school’s atmosphere, including all the students and the teachers who people the building’s 11 stories. “North Atlanta is a great place because of vast diversity and the great teachers. The teachers are good in the classroom, but they’re even better people outside of the classroom,” he said.

Rainey’s teammates are aware of his contributions on the football field on the offensive line. His size and strength could possibly lead to his playing football in college. As of now, he has no scholarship offers but he is starting to get on recruiters’ radar screens. The main schools giving him attention right now are Samford University, Georgia State University and Furman University. He is also receiving some attention from the University of Cincinnati and Jacksonville State University. “It’s been exciting to see which schools are showing interest,” Rainey said.

Known for this work ethic, Rainey is also known for a playful, zany personality that is also on display to his Warrior teammates. “He’s great  and is always so much fun to be around,” said sophomore Jamie Hare. “But look how big he is. You’d be crazy not to laugh at his jokes!”  

Student. Athlete. Teammate. Left Tackle. It’s a lot of roles. And senior Terrian Rainey is currently playing them all quite well.