Talent Show Proves It: North Atlanta’s Got Talent

North Atlanta Warriors

This is the second year of the North Star Talent Show

This year marks the second annual North Atlanta talent show, the North Star. The event gives students the opportunity to show off their wide variety of talents. After a first-year debut that drew a large crowd and plenty of participants, event organizers are hoping to build on momentum and further showcase the school’s top-shelf talent.

The North Star was started by Brandi Diamond, Karen Atkinson, Millie Dunn,Teri Biven and Linda Gerding, all parents of North Atlanta students. The North Star template for success was first worked out when these parents had students at Sutton Middle School and they collaborated to create musical theater productions along with Sutton’s talent show, the Sutton Showcase.

Most of the performers in the first North Star were Sutton Showcase veterans. Bringing the act to high school made for a reunion of sorts, one in powerful display on the stage of the Linda Stevenson Theater. “During the show I got to know a lot of people and loved getting to perform with them,” said sophomore Bailey Diamond.

The North Star will feature a variety of acts and audiences can look forward to dancing, singing, poetry readings and acting numbers, to name a few of the wide categories of talent. To work up for the Sept. 30 event, students have been rehearsing this month and will continue up to the actual production date. Their hard work is always evident the high caliber of the show. “Performing is great,” said sophomore Ava Behan-Sahib. “It gives people a great opportunity to have fun and a creative outlet.”

Last year the theater buzzed with excitement before the show began. It was the first ever North Atlanta talent show and people were excited to see how it would turn out. This year is sure to be as good as last years as performers from the previous show will be returning along with some new participants.

Last year’s show will be hard to beat but many people are excited to see their peers perform once again. Does North Atlanta Got Talent? The answer is a strong “yes” and the upcoming North Star talent show will prove that point again.