Filed under News, Showcase

Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

A Class Leader: Senior Adenike Makinde takes on the yearbook, volleyball captaincy and Key Club presidency -- all while tackling the rigors of an IB class schedule.

Jack Stenger

Jack Stenger

She’s the editor-in-chief of the school yearbook, president of the Key Club and a captain on the varsity volleyball team: IB senior Adenike Makinde truly does it all. She manages a massive academic workload, sports schedule, and all that comes along with being a busy high schooler. The ordinary student is constantly searching for the secret to her success, however Makinde’s answer is humble and simple. “My strategy for getting my work done effectively is using many checklists and my agenda,” she reported.

With so many responsibilities and leadership roles, free time can be difficult to come by. Although she is anything but the average high schooler when it comes to her academic life, Makinde enjoys the usual teenage indulgences such as catching up on a lack of sleep and binge watching her favorite shows, Green Leaf and Power. However, Makinde also enjoys a slightly less common form of leisure, which involves playing around with graphic design, one of her other passions.

Makinde’s dream school is the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. “Ever since I was thirteen years old I have wanted to go there,” she said.

Makinde’s exemplary involvement in school programs like Key Club and yearbook strengthen her well-rounded lifestyle. “I love yearbook because it combines graphic design, photography, business, and production into a long term project with one final product,” she said.

In addition, being the president of the Key Club is a very important role in encouraging leadership in philanthropic endeavors. A jack-of-all-trades, Makinde’s notable work ethic ensures a bright future.

North Atlanta is a large, public school that plays a massive role in the development and character of all of its students. And there’s no better example of the caliber of excellence the school produces than student leader Adenike Makinde.

1 Comment

One Response to “Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All”

1. Michele Robinson on September 25th, 2017 10:52 pm

Adenike, auntie Michie is very proud of you and all that you have accomplished thus far. Your next chapter will be an adventure. I can’t wait to tell aunt Rocky, she will be so proud of you too.

[Reply]

*

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

Graduation Marks End of High School Journey for Class of 2018

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

Class of 2018 Celebrates Next Destinations During “Decision Day” Event

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

Richard Hill and Ben Israel Lead Class of 2018 as Valedictorian and Salutatorian

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

New Hall Pass Method Being Implemented on the North Atlanta App

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

North Atlanta “High Q” Team Takes Top Prize

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

The Class of 2018 Racks up Scholarships and Acceptances

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

Stephen Lawrence Named 2018-2019 Teacher of the Year

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

CNN 10 Anchor Carl Azuz Inspires Journalism Students

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

North Atlanta Theater Students Perform at APD’s Women’s History Month Event

• Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All

Ms. Valenzuela, A ‘Perfecta’ Teacher

Senior Adenike Makinde Does It All