Ellie Hankin: Top of the Roster and Top of the Class

Leading the Pack: Ellie Hankin is a team leader on the Warrior girls cross country team.

North Atlanta is home to many outstanding students that perform strongly both academically and athletically. A standout among those in this category is junior Ellie Hankin who is well known for her athletic, artistic and academic talents.

At North Atlanta, she has stood out in four sports, specifically soccer, cross country, track and basketball. “I’ve just always loved being involved athletically and each team presents different challenges and social opportunities.”

During this season’s cross country campaign, she was a team leader and her results included a strong strong finish in ASICS invitational which was held in Woodstock in October. During the fall she’s also continued to train with her league soccer team, Atlanta Fire United U-17, where she plays as a outside back.

Not only does she excel in all the athletics she participates in, she has also received Principal’s Honor roll for both her freshman and sophomore year. She’s is a high-ranking member of the class of 2019 with a 4.3 GPA. To top it off, she is in the rigorous IB program. She likes being challenged within the classroom especially within her favorite subject area, science, in which she hopes to turn into a profession.  “She never fails to impress with her assignments and she excels in the classroom,” said IB chemistry teacher Jeanne Hall. “In every way Ellie is a great student to have.”

Her goal is to become a wildlife biologist and for college she aspires to study in the Northeast, possibly at a prestigious school like Bowdoin College or Amherst College. “It’s really hard to juggle everything,” she said. “I do it is by going to as many tutorials as I can and asking all the questions I can. Schools a lot like athletics. You just have to put the time in.”

With her accomplished work ethic and strong academic record, there can be little doubt that Hankin will translate her achievements at North Atlanta into even bigger things in whichever life path she takes beyond high school.