Filed under News, Showcase

Quint Gfroerer Shares Some of His Academic Success

Junior Quint Gfroerer is handling North Atlanta’s hardest academic path -- the IB DP program -- like a champ.

Amari Atterberry

Amari Atterberry

It is agreed by many that school is considered one of the hardest experiences the average teenager tackles. The drama, the sleepless nights, the grueling workload, and above all, the sheer amount of learning that occurs. Yes, it is a challenge that few can rise up to, yet Quint Gfroerer, IB DP junior, second-ranking GPA scorer, and an all-around A student, is one of those people.

An enthusiast of chemistry and science, Gfroerer is interested in pursuing those subjects further as perhaps a chemical engineer. He is looking at several top colleges such as Duke, Berkeley, Harvey Mudd, and Stanford. So far, he said that his favorite college that he has toured is Yale.

Gfroerer partakes in a plethora of activities that include extra-curriculars such as the Academic Bowl, Ultimate Frisbee, Mu Alpha Theta, and working as a soccer referee during the weekend. To most, it is not easy to maintain high grades, keep up a social life, and get enough sleep to operate, however Gfroerer’s secrets to success are relatively straight-forward.

He believes that the key to working productively is to find a purpose in the work, no matter how meaningless it might seem. Finding a subject of interest and trying to personally further that knowledge by talking to other students who are also passionate can really make a difference.

Moreover, planning time wisely, getting work done on time, and getting the proper amount of sleep can do miracles to one’s stress level. Everyone has their own individual needs, so it’s important to create a personal schedule to make sure everything gets done. “I know people who procrastinate a lot and they are super stressed out,” said Gfroerer. “If you don’t procrastinate, then you’re already better off than those people.”

Quint Gfroerer plans on studying hard and getting into a good profession so that he can help others in need with the help of science and math. His main goals in life is to be successful, live a good life, and to make himself and others happy. And with guidelines to success like that, who needs luck?