Filed under News, Opinion

Spooky Students Set Plans For Halloween

Leena+Abar+and+Courtney+Sanford+pose+with+the+well+known+%22Hershey%27s+candy+bar%22+to+show+their+anticipation+for+the+Halloween+season.+

Spooky Students Set Plans For Halloween

Leena Abar and Courtney Sanford pose with the well known

Leena Abar and Courtney Sanford pose with the well known "Hershey's candy bar" to show their anticipation for the Halloween season.

October is a great month that people love for many reasons. Great weather, pumpkin patches, corn mazes and Starbucks drinks are just a few of the iconic fall activities. However, one of the most celebrated is Halloween, a tradition across America  where millions of children participate in it each year.

Halloween is a holiday that is looked forward to across the states. Children all ages spend all year thinking of a clever costumes to dress up as the night of October 31st. Princesses, superheros, minions and celebrities are just a costumes that have been popular in recent years. Parents load up on candy trying not to eat too many and to leave some for the trick-or-treaters.

Once in high school, students are faced with a dilemma. Should they go door to door getting candy, go to a party or ditch it all together? “I love Halloween parties and dressing up to try to win contests. You’re never too old for Halloween,” said junior Quierra Brownlee. However, a different perspective is too skip the parties and go get some candy. Justin Reed thinks it’s best to live while you’re young and go out for Halloween. He thinks it’s not very likely a person will not give you candy.

If trick-or-treating and partying isn’t your thing, no worries because Atlanta has no shortage on Halloween activities. The aquarium has a Georgia A-SCARY-UM, which is a fun event to meet iconic monsters such as Dracula and Frankenstein. Another Atlanta classic Halloween event is Netherworld. It’s a haunted house which is provides tons of memories and fun in October. Also, Six Flags has Fright Fest, where you walk around the park and get scared at every turn. Another trend, escape rooms, have a Halloween theme, which makes for a fun night.

Though people may think Halloween is over once you enter high school, that view could not be more wrong. Whether you’re trick-or-treating, partying or doing events around Atlanta, this Halloween is definitely one for the books.