Filed under News, Showcase

Richard Hill and Ben Israel Lead Class of 2018 as Valedictorian and Salutatorian

Class+Acts%3A+Ben+Israel+and+Richard+Hill+and+the+top+scholars+of+the+Class+of+2018.+Hills+is+the+class+valedictorian+and+Israel+is+the+salutatorian.+
Class Acts: Ben Israel and Richard Hill and the top scholars of the Class of 2018. Hills is the class valedictorian and Israel is the salutatorian.

Jack Stenger

Jack Stenger

Of all the positions and awards offered to seniors few are as prestigious or competitive as valedictorian and salutatorian. These two roles indicate the top two students in the class based on  grade point average and with a senior class of some 400 students this is no small feat. But two students managed to rise above the rest: salutatorian Ben Israel and valedictorian Richard Hill.

As you’d probably expect getting to the top of senior class is no cakewalk, a fact that Hill and Israel personally testified to. Their last few years were filled with no shortage of late nights and hours long study sessions to a degree that would probably drive any normal student mad. “It was definitely one of the most difficult things I’ve ever accomplished but it was completely worth it,” said Israel.

But these two super students didn’t get this far without gaining more than their share of wisdom for other students that might want to follow their difficult path. Surprisingly though Hill didn’t say that study skills, memorization tips or test taking abilities were the key to his success, instead he stressed the power of self confidence. “You need to actually believe that you can accomplish your dreams otherwise, you’ll just give up and fall behind” said Hill. “Attitude is everything.”

Of course with such prestigious honors as valedictorian and salutatorian, Hill and Israel have blindingly bright futures ahead of them. Israel is off to the highly prestigious and competitive university of Georgia Tech. Hill is bound for an an Ivy league School that needs no introduction, specifically Brown University in Providence, R.I.

Hill and Israel are true shining stars in our school, and finally their years of hard work are paying off.  Neither student knows what their future holds, but one thing’s sure, North Atlanta will never forget them.