Filed under A&E, Showcase

Performing Arts To Spice Up the Holidays With “The Season of Peace” Concert

Making+Spirits+Bright%3A+The+North+Atlanta+annual+holiday+concert+brings+together+the+wide+spectrum+of+fine+arts+talent+to+ring+in+the+season.+This+year%E2%80%99s+concert+will+take+place+on+Nov.+7+in+the+gymnasium.++++

Making Spirits Bright: The North Atlanta annual holiday concert brings together the wide spectrum of fine arts talent to ring in the season. This year’s concert will take place on Nov. 7 in the gymnasium.

Bethany Creaven

Bethany Creaven

Bethany Creaven

It’s about that time of year again: Christmas trees are going up, presents are being wrapped, menorahs are being lit, temperatures are dropping, and the performers in the Holiday Concert are getting ready for the jolliest concert of the year.

On Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. in the high school gym the orchestra will join with the band, chorus, drama, and dance students to put on a show for all of the winter holidays. With a mixture of songs about Christmas, Hanukkah, cold weather and jingling bells the concert will last about an hour of half. Each year the holiday concert goes a long way toward getting our school into the holiday spirit.

The visual and performing arts teachers love this time of year, especially the tradition of the Holiday Concert. All of the different art departments get to sit and watch each other perform. “When you look at the jazz students staring in awe at the dancers, it just melts my heart,” said visual arts instructor Allison Shepard.

“I love that this concert gives students the chance to watch and admire the talents of their peers,” said Jerid Morisco, chorus and guitar instructor. “These kids just have so much shine. It’s awesome to get to watch it.”

The concert is free to the public and all students, faculty, staff, parents and members of the North community are encouraged to attend.