Nearly 30 Seniors Accepted Early into Georgia Tech

Better+Bee-lieve+It%3A+Meet+Georgia+Techs+new+future+alumni%21+%0ABack+Row%3A+Brooks+Buckelew%2C+Carter+Smith%2C+Ishaan+Ghosh%2C+Ethan+Levy%2C+Drew+Sheldon%0AMiddle+Row%3A+Mac+Bloodworth%2C+Ellie+Hankin%2C+Jenna+Campbell%0AFront+Row%3A+Lila+Ward%2C+Taylor+Hunter%2C+Hanna+Shaw%2C+Callie+Perciful%2C+Parker+Dingman++

Nora Rosenfeld

Better Bee-lieve It: Meet Georgia Tech’s new future alumni! Back Row: Brooks Buckelew, Carter Smith, Ishaan Ghosh, Ethan Levy, Drew Sheldon Middle Row: Mac Bloodworth, Ellie Hankin, Jenna Campbell Front Row: Lila Ward, Taylor Hunter, Hanna Shaw, Callie Perciful, Parker Dingman

The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the top 20 public universities in the nation making it a top choice for many students not just at North Atlanta but around the world. Students take pride in earning a spot at such a selective school and work hard throughout their high school career to stand out. Having a large number of accepted students is a huge feat for any school and yet again North Atlanta seniors have have earned this high academic achievement. This year’s graduating class has 28 people accepted early into Georgia Tech.

With an acceptance rate of 20 percent Georgia Tech is a hard school to get accepted into. Competing against so many top students from around the world is nerve wracking. The moments leading up to opening the email from Georgia Tech keep most on edge. “It was the scariest moment of my life. It’s a moment that kind of decides not just what you’re doing for the next few years but the rest of your life,” said Taylor Hunter.

The acceptance rate for NAHS students at Georgia Tech was 64 percent this year. This speaks volumes for the school, it’s teachers and its students. Over the years the number of students being accepted into Tech has increased from 13 in 2016 to 28 this year. North Atlanta offers so many options for students to succeed in and overall gives students a quality education. “The rigor we get here, especially in IB, really gets you used to a heavier workload, which is something we’re definitely going to have to get used to at Tech,” said Hanna Shaw.

The 28 students accepted in January were accepted via early admission meaning even more students are expected to receive their acceptance letters in the spring. With students from all over the world competing for a spot at Georgia Tech, getting in is a big deal. Attending Georgia Tech will lead these students to great things and faculty and students alike are proud of these seniors for not just being accepted into such a prestigious school but for proving once again that a certain public high school in Buckhead teaches the best and brightest. From Warriors to Jackets, the road to Georgia Tech seemingly runs through North Atlanta.