Lights, Camera, Action: Footloose the Musical

Lights, Camera, Action: Footloose Musical is in full effect at North Atlanta

North Atlanta High School puts on a legendary musical every spring. This year the theatre department has decided to put on a production of Footloose. The cast list has been posted and the crew is already hard at work. This show incorporates many male and female leads, allowing the department to showcase the endless talent of the North Atlanta student body. 

After a few weeks of smooth rehearsals, the musical is sure to be quite a hit. The cast of the show has become a big family, after many frequent rehearsals from 4-6 afterschool in the auditorium. They started practicing a few weeks ago to prepare for the performance in February. From running lines to altering costumes, the cast and crew have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this musical. Sophia Terasso, head of the costume department, says her favorite part was working on each character’s outfits. “Since it’s set in the 80’s, the costumes are really fun to work on,” she said. 

One of the male leads in North Atlanta’s production of Footloose this year is Cole Bickerstaff. Cole was first inspired to audition for the lead when he saw a production of Footloose at the Lovett School. He adores the soundtrack and loves the aesthetic of this iconic 80’s movie. This musical serves a double-purpose for him as a fun after-school activity as well as a boost for his resume. He plans to pursue a career in musical theatre and participate in many more shows throughout his life. Since he is a senior, this musical serves as his final curtain call in musicals at North Atlanta. “ As this is my last musical at North Atlanta High School, I really want to make it count”, claims Bickerstaff.

Sit back, relax, and kick off your Sunday shoes to enjoy the opening nights of North Atlanta High School’s production from February 15-20 in 2020. This will be a night you will never forget featuring many Oscar-worthy performances.