The Places They’ll Go: The Class of 2020’s Impressive College Plans

Online Learning: Many students are fed up with their virtual assignments

Setting their sights high at North Atlanta High School has readily prepared the Class of 2020 for the towering heights of higher education. As they finish their last week of high school, seniors are making their final decisions regarding where they will be attending college for the next four years. Let’s just say: They have impressive options. 

This year’s graduating class was an admirable bunch, having been accepted into so many impressive schools. This is as big a testament as any that North Atlanta is producing intelligent, well-rounded students who are prepared for college and future success. 

Warriors opting to stay in-state were accepted to Georgia Tech, the University of Georgia, Georgia State University, Georgia Southern University, Kennesaw State University, Spelman College, Morehouse College, Agnes Scott College, Mercer University, Emory University, Georgia College and State University, Albany State University, Valdosta State University, Georgia Perimeter College, Savannah State University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Oglethorpe University, Fort Valley State University, Piedmont College, University of West Georgia, and University of North Georgia.

Students were accepted into a variety of Southeastern schools such as Auburn University, Furman University, Louisiana State University, College of Charleston, University of Miami, University of Florida, Florida State University, the University of Alabama, the University of Tennessee, Clemson University, Southern University and A&M College, Campbell University, University of Central Florida, Alabama State University, Seminole State College, Tulane University, Alabama A&M University, Mississippi State University, Birmingham Southern College, Duke University, and Elon University, among others

Schools along the Atlantic seaboard and the Northeast where graduates will study include Boston University, Howard University, New York University, Harvard University, Columbia University, the University of Maryland, Parsons School of Design, Syracuse University, and the George Washington University, among others.

Students were also accepted into Midwestern schools including the University of Michigan, Northwestern University, Kenyon College, and the University of Wisconsin Madison, among others.

Across the nation Warriors were accepted into the University of Colorado at Boulder, Texas Christian University, Chapman University, San Diego State University, University of Southern California, the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Washington, and Southern Methodist University, among others.

Some graduates will serve their country by studying at prestigious military academies, including the U.S. Naval Academy and the U.S Air Force Academy.

Some Warriors will even be venturing abroad for their studies at schools such as Mcgill University in Montreal, Canada, and the Hult International Business School in London. 

“Oh the places you’ll go!” Dr. Seuss perhaps said it best. North Atlanta High School will miss the impressive Class of 2020. But the school they leave behind will certainly enjoy watching them go and conquer their dreams.