North Atlanta Science National Honors Society: A Chapter of Excellence

Science+National+Honor+Society+is+led+by+two+of+North+Atlantas+Physics+teachers%3A+Dr.+G+and+Ms.+M.+

Adenike Makinde

Science National Honor Society is led by two of North Atlanta’s Physics teachers: Dr. G and Ms. M.

North Atlanta constantly strives to be the best and our clubs and students surely reflect that principle. The Science National Honors Society (SNHS) is a student organization led by physics teachers Bhagyalakshml Gopalsingh and Padmavathi Molugoori. “This organization will encourage and recognize students interested in expanding their intellectual thoughts in science. The chapter will allow students to establish science as a strength of our academic program,” said Gopalsingh.

If students meet the requirements, the chapter is a great opportunity for any to progress their interests and abilities in science. SNHS will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of industry, research, and scientific exploration for the country.

The club has already made great strides toward organization and progression. In the past two meetings they elected leadership and planned meetings for the future. “I am honored to have the chance at bettering our school’s culture and students,” said junior Caleb Burns, the organization’s new president.

“SNHS is a great chance for me to learn so much more about science and lead others to do the same,” said junior Will Butler, the club’s vice president.

Not only will students learn more from each other, but SNHS is also making it possible for students to learn from prominent local scientists who may make appearances and speeches for the club’s 30-plus members.

It is clear that as the years pass our school is making constant improvements for the academic progress of its students. The only question left to ask is: Will you take on the challenge of Science National Honors Society?