Ishaan Ghosh: Graduating Senior

Book+Smart%3A+Senior+Ishaan+Ghosh+prepares+for+his+life+at+Duke+University+after+leaving+behind+a+trail+of+his+accomplishments.+

Nicole Spektor

Book Smart: Senior Ishaan Ghosh prepares for his life at Duke University after leaving behind a trail of his accomplishments.

Known for his sass and funny personality, but also his academic accomplishments, senior Ishaan Ghosh has always been a character around North Atlanta High School. Ghosh is an avid reader and enjoys coin collecting and many other hobbies. His high grades and GPA made him a good candidate for many colleges and with graduation just around the corner, Ghosh is excited for the future and cannot wait to start college in the fall.

Unlike most seniors, Ghosh is keeping his future college plans under wraps. He has many options and has looked into schools such as Duke and Georgetown, which  left him undecided. In true Ishaan Ghosh fashion, he left his decision down to the last minute and definitely felt pressure to make the right decision. “I figured I would decide something around April. I thought maybe I would draw out of a hat,” he said.

Currently Ghosh heads the North Atlanta Academic Bowl team and has led them to victory on the PBS quiz show High Q many times. Ghosh is a trivia enthusiast and has participated in Academic Bowl since middle school and has really enjoyed the bonds and friendships he has made throughout his years on the team. One of his proudest high school achievements is winning High Q in 2018. The team was featured on the game show again in 2019 and the episode will air in May.

With graduation just around the corner, seniors will be leaving North Atlanta soon and leaving behind things that only North Atlanta can offer. Ghosh will miss the one and only Warrior Wire the most. Specifically the articles of Wire writer, and now managing editor, Jack Yanoshik. He plans on taking some of the old issues with him to college, saying, “I’ll keep a few and read them when I’m bored.”

In the future, Ghosh plans on majoring in something international or economics related. Don’t expect him to major in international economics though because he in no way enjoys exchange rates. He cites no specific reason for wanting to go this direction in college, only saying, with a shrug, “I really don’t know, that’s just what I want. Not everything I do always has a purpose.”

Ghosh is a model student at North Atlanta High School and his grades and academic involvement prove that. Instead of skipping class like a delinquent, you will find Ghosh skipping to class and most likely with a book in hand. Or maybe even the Warrior Wire. Ghosh has a very bright future ahead of him and wherever he ends up, he will succeed.