How Bout’ Them Dubs: Class of 2023’s Incredible Early Acceptance to UGA

Hugh Breeden

From Dubs to Dawgs: 45 NAHS Seniors accepted early to Georgia’s flagship university.

The Dubs Class of 2023 is ready to face their future, finding themselves among many applicants for several top-tier schools, including the University of Georgia. UGA is most notable for its championship football team, but it is also ranked No. 16 as a top public university and is located in Athens, considered one of the best college towns in the country. All these attributes make the school an extremely appealing choice to many prospective students. 

As the lengthy application process drags on for this year’s seniors, early applicants have already gotten their long-awaited and highly-anticipated decision from UGA. By the early action deadline of October 15th, 26,000 students had applied early to UGA, a whopping 21 percent increase from last year, making the admissions process the most competitive ever. This year, 95 North Atlanta students applied for EA. Of those, 45 were accepted into the incoming UGA freshmen class. “It’s been my dream to go to UGA,” said senior Addie Nash. “I can’t believe it’s finally coming true.”

The University of Georgia has a renowned reputation for its academic excellence and student life. Students have no shortage of liberties at this institution, from taking a variety of classes to participating in sports and Greek life. Additionally, the university offers over 800 clubs/organizations, 75+ intramurals, and 170+ study-abroad programs. With over 250 majors to choose from, senior Olivia Roth has chosen marketing as her path. “I’m excited to see where college will take me,” said Roth. “I’m ready for the next four years of endless opportunities.”

Known for its D1 athletics, Georgia is the perfect school for students with a desire for sports and school spirit. But for in-state residents, the benefits of attending UGA are even more exceptional, particularly their many scholarship opportunities, with the HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships taking the forefront. Additionally, its location in Athens, only a 90-minute drive from our beloved city, makes it the perfect new home away from home for our Dubs turned Dawgs. “I’m pumped for next year,” said Senior Noah Walsey. “Go Dawgs!”

A famous University among Georgia residents, UGA has begun collecting future Dawgs, with plenty of Dubs in its incoming class. Go Dubs and Go Dawgs!