North Atlanta Students “Eat Mor Chikin” as Chick-fil-A Popularity Continues

Dont+Be+A+Chicken%3A+Juniors+Mary+Grace+Ray+and+Lenox+Johnson+make+the+always-popular+North+Atlanta+student+pilgrimage+to+Chick-Fil-A.+

Maddy Carter

Don’t Be A Chicken: Juniors Mary Grace Ray and Lenox Johnson make the always-popular North Atlanta student pilgrimage to Chick-Fil-A.

If you live in the South, chances are you’ve tried Chick-fil-A’s ‘chicken-minis’ or love their famous chicken sandwich, and the students at North Atlanta are no exception. With bustling Chick-fil-A franchises around almost every corner, especially near school, the success of this fast-food chain with teenagers is evident. From the exceptional customer service to an appetizing menu, it is apparent that Chick-fil-A knows what it takes to keep students paying.

Perhaps the most beloved part of this industry giant is its drool-worthy breakfast menu. While going for a Chick-fil-A run in the morning can mean being late to school and can also take a toll on your wallet, many students are willing to pay the price. “Even if I’m running late in the morning, I’ll still try to get some chicken minis. They are just so good,” said junior Layne Day.

Another reason that kids just can’t seem to get enough of this brand? The fries. While most of the fast food restaurants that dominate the industry serve standard skinny fries, Chick-fil-A differs from the status quo by offering waffle fries. “The waffle fries definitely make the company a stand out. They are almost addictive because they are so delicious,” said senior Arthur Murray.

While the food is a major draw for most students, some like the chain because of its welcoming atmosphere. Unlike many of its competitors, Chick-fil-A is known for its great customer service and southern charm. “It’s like heaven in a restaurant,” said senior Kanaya Williams.

However, not everyone is a fan. Even though Chick-fil-A has a wide variety of offerings and great customer service, to some people, it is still on the same level as other fast food restaurants. “Sure all the employees are nice and all but the food is way too greasy. It just doesn’t live up to the hype,” said junior Rowan Pawloski.

Whether you are a fan of Chick-fil-A or not, it’s hard to ignore the presence of this fast-food chain at North Atlanta. From seeing people carry their styrofoam Chick-fil-A cups through bag check to smelling the distinct aroma of chicken biscuits in the halls in the morning, it is clear that Chick-fil-A’s popularity is not dying down any time soon.