“Buckhead High” Highlights Reality From Student Eyes

Buckhead+Beat%3A+Senior+Jasmyn+Combs+vision+for+high+school+life+is+coming+together+in+the++April+11+dance+production+of+Buckhead+High.+

Maddy Carter

Buckhead Beat: Senior Jasmyn Combs’ vision for high school life is coming together in the April 11 dance production of “Buckhead High.”

North Atlanta’s annual spring show is right around the corner once again. However, this particular event will be unlike others before it. This will be a production that incorporates multiple aspects of the arts program here at North Atlanta.

The difference between this show and previous shows are that this one focuses on the realities of high school from the students’ perspective. The concept was first envisioned by senior Jasmyn Combs, as well as the show’s title, “Buckhead High.” “This is my first time coming up with something of this magnitude and I’m nervous but I want to leave a mark on North Atlanta before I graduate,” Combs said.

The dance and drama departments have worked together to address issues that students face on an everyday basis. Those issues being: isolation, bullying, social events, peer relationships and identity crises. The drama department will reenact common scenes that take place in hallways. On the other hand, the dance department will be creating pieces to songs that represent the aforementioned issues. “I hope this show brings awareness to the faculty and parents about the struggles of being a teenager in such a huge, diverse school,” said Combs.

All dance classes will be participating as well as selected actors and actresses and the show takes place on April 11 in the Linda Faye Stevenson theater at North Atlanta at 7 p.m.. Hope to see you there!