Massacre in Midtown: Warriors Trample Drew in 50-6 Blowout


Keeva Linton

Pedal to the metal: North Atlanta continues their undefeated season.

The Warriors entered Henderson Stadium Friday afternoon ready to put on a show in their first home game of the season. Coming off a back-and-forth game that ended in a dub for the Dubs and an MVP for quarterback Trey Lennon, expectations were at an all-time high. A roaring student section dressed head-to-toe in their best Hawaiian attire filled the bleachers, hoping to see the Warriors light up the scoreboard. The students were not the only ones hoping for a great game as the local news covered the game as a part of the Great Atlanta Bash series.

A massive 50-yard pass by Drew immediately put them in scoring range, but it did not faze the North Atlanta sideline or student section, as chants of “Defense” rang through the ears of every player on the field. It paid off when Drew turned the ball over in the redzone, giving North Atlanta their first opportunity with the ball. Lennon, coming off a five-touchdown game against North Forsyth the prior week, picked up right where he left off, marching down the field and finding the endzone with little to no resistance. The backfield of Lennon and running back Hunter Davis caused nightmares for Drew’s defense all night, with both players refusing to go down without causing havoc and taking down a Drew defenseman with them. “I was just sort of in shock,” said kicker Aidan Pierce. “What they were doing out on the field was video game stuff.”

After the big play by Drew to start the game, their offense could not find any rhythm. The defensive duo of Hunter Davis and Connor Hughes proved too much for the Titans. Anxiously trying to get on the board, the Drew quarterback threw a contested ball to one of his receivers. Little did he know that stud cornerback Xaden Benson saw it the whole way, coming down with his third interception in only two games. As if it could not get any worse for Drew, the Dubs continued to find the endzone, much to the delight of the North Atlanta fans. “They kept their foot on the gas all game,” said senior and avid Dub supporter Virginia Brewer. “It kept us on our feet all night long.”

As the halftime whistle blew, the scoreboard read 50-6, Warriors. The Dubs had proved too much for the Titans. As the second half began, many spectators fizzled out, but the score allowed North Atlanta’s second and third-string players to get some on-field playing time. The Warriors ran the clock down as much as possible in the second half, as this game was over before it really began. The final score was 50-6 as the Warriors were truly dominant from start to finish. Coach Aull and his squad moved to 2-0 on the year and Lennon earned his second consecutive televised game MVP award. It was a great showing for the Dubs as they look to solidify their name as an APS and Georgia 6A powerhouse.