The Regular Season Ranked: Dubs Football So Far

Dubs+On+Top%3A+Senior+quarterback+Trey+Lennon+has+been+making+winning+plays+all+season+long.+

Dave Quick

Dubs On Top: Senior quarterback Trey Lennon has been making winning plays all season long.

With lots of support and lots of hype, the North Atlanta football team has had a solid season so far. The students, teachers, players, and families around North Atlanta High School all care so much about the great program of the Dubs. With this level of passion, they all remember each game and how exciting they were. Here are the game rankings so far:

1. North Forsyth (W, 31-27): 

The Corky Kell Classic was an incredible debut for the Warriors. Coming in as underdogs, the Dubs pulled off a huge upset, thanks to a last-second touchdown by senior Randolph Smith. This was a statement game that showed how locked in the team was for the year. “Randolph blurred the kid for the game-winner,” said Warrior Wire sideline reporter David Hughes. 

2. River Ridge (W, 27-13): 

An action-packed win against a formidable 5-2 team. After falling behind in the first quarter, quarterback Trey Lennon led a comeback behind a 174-yard performance with help from running back Hunter Davis, who had had a dominant 116-yard game. “It was our first game against legit opponents in front of a packed-out Warrzone,” said avid fan Ryan Hohenstein. 

3. Riverwood (W, 41-13): 

Although Riverwood is only 1-6 this year, the game was a much-needed regional win against a longtime rival. While not a closely-contested matchup, it was amazing to renew a long-standing and heated rivalry. “Although there wasn’t a large student section because of the break,” said senior Henry Peck, “It was still satisfying to take home the win.”

4. Dunwoody (W, 45-6):

The Dubs are playoff bound! With favorable seeding on the line, the Warriors take care of business in the last regular season game of the year. In a dominating performance all around, the offense and defense look ready for playoff football. “The boys looked locked in from start to finish,” said senior Hugh Breeden, “With playoffs around the corner, this is where it gets real.”

5. South Cobb (W, 50-7):

A dominate showing by the Dubs and great start to Halloweekend. The win secured the Dubs a playoff sport for the first time since 2019 and created momentum that should carry the Warriors into the regular season finale against Dunwoody. “This game proved what everyone already knew,” said senior Trey Gregson, “That this team is special.

6. Drew (W, 50-6):

As the first home game of the season, it was a great way to set the tone for the student section and the team this season. Being a blowout, the game lacked the suspense that fans love, but it was a non-stressful way to kick off a stretch of home games. “The game was electric,” said senior Mac Perno, “What a great first home game.”

7. Wheeler (L, 20-13): 

Although a tough loss, the game was exciting from start to finish. The Dubs were on a hot streak coming into the game, but fell just short in the end. While the game was a disappointing loss, the Dubs used it as a learning opportunity and were ready to go the next week. “It was tough but the team fought hard,” said junior Nathan Fays, “It was still a great game to watch.”

8. New Manchester (W, 35-0): 

Despite the dominant Dub performance, the game was very one-sided, and not much scoring took place in the second half. The Dubs entered as heavy favorites and they showed why. Even with the lack of competition, it is always a great day when the Warriors win. 

9. St. Pius (L, 21-14): 

This was a very, very tough region loss. Although the Warriors came in as underdogs, there were high hopes for an upset. The game was a struggle from start to finish, with little offensive production. Despite the score, the Dubs got their first taste of playoff-caliber football. 

Approaching the end of the regular season, the Dubs team looks to capitalize on every possession and opportunity in hope of a playoff berth. Expectations are sky-high, and with a chance at history, the Warriors look to end the season on a high note.