College and Career Center Welcomes New Advisors

Kristen Duncan
North’s newest members Mr. Vergara and Ms. McCreath are ready and excited to get started in their new home in CCC.

Two new hires, Christian Vergara and O’Tejah McCreath, have just been introduced to fill the role of advisors for North Atlanta’s College and Career Center (CCC). Located on the 8th floor, the CCC is best known for hosting college fairs, helping find job opportunities, and providing college advice for students in all walks of life. New ideas, students, and initiatives are at the forefront of these two advisors’ mission in assisting students in choosing their paths after high school. Whether choosing between joining the workforce, going to college, taking a gap year, or entering the military, Vergara and McCreath have all the answers to help pupils pick their next step.

Hailing from Georgia Tech, McCreath is excited to engage with students and create a more personalized feel in her new workspace. McCreath is mainly focused on establishing non-tradition workshops – which is already noticeable thanks to the array of bean bags that now adorn the room – and new renovations as she shifts from travel maintenance to shaping the future leaders of today, which will definitely keep her busy for a while. “We have some very big shoes to fill,” McCreath said, “I’m going to focus on keeping momentum.”

Having previously worked as a server from the restaurants of Dalton, Georgia, Vergara is looking forward to making students’ dreams come true. For North Atlanta students, it can be easy to get lost in such a big school. So, Vergara plans to help them by filling in some gaps in the services and speaking to ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) and Dual Enrollment students who need some support. “If I had been a student at North, I would have definitely used the college and career center as a shoulder to lean on,” said Vergara “I want to be that shoulder for these students.” 

The NAHS College and Career Center now has new people who can assist students one-on-one on their college journey, and are excited to start their job as an NAHS advis0r. For juniors and seniors, you can meet them at the upcoming college fair with over 100 colleges meeting in the gymnasium on August 25 at 9am, or come to 8141 for college help and career advice.