Ian Reynolds: A Step Into Stardom One Throw at a Time

Reynolds drops back in the pocket to deliver a strike to his star studded receivers

With yet another exciting season under way, Warriors football once again attempts to reload and repeat their success from the previous season. At the helm of this rebuild is star junior Quarterback Ian Reynolds. With his place as a full-time starter secured, he looks to make a splash in the Georgia high school football scene. Reynolds is no stranger to gridiron success and will hope to lead the Warriors through a historic 2023 campaign.

Reynolds has known football his whole life. He started his endeavor into the sport early. At the young age of five he was already participating in local flag football games, then at the age of seven, he made the jump to tackle football. Reynolds has always been the star player on every team he has been a part of, from his days at NYO, to Sutton, and now at North Atlanta. “I have loved football since I can remember,” said Reynolds, “My dad played and loved the game, and it really inspired me to continue on with his legacy.”

Having played quarterback his whole life, Reynolds has developed an uncanny ability to read the field and deal with high pressure situations. This composure under pressure, along with his 6-foot-3 frame, cannon of an arm, and surprising quickness and agility on the move makes him a matchup nightmare. “He’s a special player and I love having him as my quarterback,” said Junior wide receiver Grant Thompson, “He really makes everyone around him better.”

Ian has shown signs of future collegiate level skill in his first three seasons as a Warrior. As a backup in his freshman and sophomore years, he came into multiple games late and showed glimpses of greatness. Reynolds even started multiple games his sophomore year which included an amazing 9 for 10 outing against New Manchester high school. “I still remember that first touchdown against Westlake,” said Reynolds, “That’s easily my favorite memory as a Warrior.”

Now as the official starter for the Dubs, Reynolds has already dominated the competition early in the season. He started off his junior campaign with a flawless 7 for 7 passing for 163 yards and two touchdowns along with another 82 yards and one touchdown on the ground in a bashing of Johns Creek on state-wide television. He has so far continued his success with another amazing performance against Charles Drew as he completed 9 of 11 passes for 209 yards and another three scores. “He really leads by example, and he is always the first one in and the last one out,” said head coach James Aull, “He has so much talent and he has the potential to be something great.”

Reynolds is truly an amazing player, teammate, and leader and he is the cornerstone of this Warriors squad. He hopes to continue his incredibly hot start to this 2023 campaign and bring the Dubs to the playoffs once again. As the season progresses, onlookers can only stand in bated breath as Reynolds continues to make history and secure his place in the history books for countless teams to come.