Girls Lacrosse Ready to Stick It To ‘Em

Playoff+Aspirations%3A+Junior+Keely+Fitzsimmons+will+be+a+big+part+of+the+Warrior+girls+lacrosse+attack+during+the+2018+season.+

Cady Studios

Playoff Aspirations: Junior Keely Fitzsimmons will be a big part of the Warrior girls lacrosse attack during the 2018 season.

The start of the spring semester means the start of all spring sports at North Atlanta High School and that includes the 2018 girls lacrosse season. This year’s squad looks to take advantage of the new season ahead and continue to create a strong foundation for the program for years to come.

Practice has started for the 2018 season as captain Anna Day looks to continue to build a strong team bond as well as keep the expected level of competitiveness. The program’s head coach is chemistry teacher head coach Darren Greenlee. In his efforts he’s assisted by community coach Kelsey Lombardi.

Day has been apart of the squad since freshman year and has been a trailblazer for the team’s success. “This season we are looking to continue our success and look to incorporate this year’s freshman into the team,” she said. “I believe we can make it back to playoffs again with this year’s talent.”

After making the playoffs last season for the first time in program history, the team is looking to make another run in hopes of making it further and establish a stronger reputation. They will be competing against region powerhouses like Northgate, Newnan and Campbell, teams that have rosters stocked with high-caliber players. “Although region games are a challenge, they allow us to strengthen our team as a whole,” said junior Keely Fitzsimmons. “We have high expectations for the team and we are looking to continue to competing with the best.”   

In 2017, the squad went 10-9 on the season and 3-3 in region play. Wins included region schools Campbell, East Coweta and Wheeler. Fitzsimmons expects to have a successful season and she cited the bonds that players have. “We’re a team that plays well together because we get on so well together,” she said.  

With the 2018 season in mind, the team wants to capitalize on each game in order to achieve its goal of reaching the playoffs. A season of testing — and possible triumph — lies ahead of the Warrior girls lacrosse team.