Filed under Showcase, Sports

Warrior Standout Justin Sanders Makes the Biggest Impact

Prime Time: Senior Justin Sanders is having another season of high-impact plays for the Warriors. Sanders, who plays cornerback on defense and receiver on offense, is already weighing several Division 1 football scholarship offers.

Anthony Randall.

Anthony Randall.

Anthony Randall.

To many high school athletes, playing a sport for a Division 1 school is merely a dream. However, for senior Justin Sanders, playing football at the collegiate level is shaping up to become a reality.

Because of his spectacular play, the Warrior defensive back and wide receiver has been in contact with many college scouts and coaches. Among the schools interested in Sanders are Georgia Tech, Western Kentucky, Murray State and Buffalo. In addition, he has received athletic scholarship offers from three schools, including Western Carolina University, Florida A&M University, and Tennessee State University.

None of the garnered interest would have been possible without a great work ethic. “I have been working very hard each of my four years at North Atlanta,” Sanders said. “I work hard at practice to prepare for the games, and it helps me translate to the game situations to slow down the game.”

In addition to hard work, North Atlanta coaches have played a huge role in him getting the attention from colleges. It began during his sophomore and junior years, but no scholarship offers came until the spring before his senior year. “After O’Sullivan took over the program, schools would come to North Atlanta and see me and talk to me in person,” Sanders said. “Without the help of the North Atlanta coaches, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”

Playing college football has always been a goal for Sanders. However, once he graduates high school, he also wants to make sure he is prepared for the future. “I make sure to always perform in the classroom so that my life will be just as enjoyable as it is with football.” he said.

With more college scouts noting his high-level of play, Sanders is on the road to Division 1 and a bright future. Without his hard work, as well as the impact of coaches,  he might not have had the chance to accomplish his goal. For now, family, classmates, and teachers can catch him in the hallways, or watch him making plays for the Warriors on Friday nights. But come next year, look for Justin Sanders in college playing the sport that he truly loves.