Summer Excitement Consumes North Atlanta Student

Mary Grace Ray

Dubs’ Delight: Like many of his peers, freshman Jaden Gaillard leaps for joy at the thought of the school year ending.

May 24th. The day all North Atlanta students eagerly wait for throughout the year. After 180 days, students can’t hold back their excitement any longer and it shows.

The hot weather and the sunny days makes students feel as if they are already in summer. This has made teachers’ jobs increasingly more difficult as students have a hard time staying focused. “I have had a really hard time staying focused in school,” said junior Jessica Stevens. “All of those big windows really have an affect on me… lol,” she said.  

Not only are students struggling to focus, they are becoming less and less diligent in completing their work. From a lack of studying to a delay in on time assignments, summer time excitement is really having an affect on all grades.

By the end of the school year, the majority of students’ thoughts are consumed by the approaching deadlines and end other forms of end of the year stress. Exams are many students final obstacle before school is finally out for summer. “All I have been thinking about all year is summer… even now with it being so close, I don’t have time to think about summer because I have so much school work,” said junior Angelo Ramirez. From final exams to final projects, students struggle to maintain their grades while many others work to raise them. For some, the month of May is one of the most hectic times of the whole year, however the quickly approaching summer is enough of an incentive to pull them through until the last day of school.

Even though many didn’t think it could be possible, the school year is finally winding down and coming to an end. As seniors get ready to move on to their next step in life, North Atlanta Dubz say goodbye to an iconic class of 2019. In the famous words of High School Musical, “What time is it? Summertime, it’s our vacation!”  North Atlanta Warriors can hardly wait as the excitement is continuing to build up, day by day, as May 24 gets increasingly closer.