Dubs Gone Global: The Hottest Vacation Spots of Summer 22

Juniors+Teddy+Meredith+and+Sedona+Gibson%2C+along+with+many+other+North+Atlanta+students%2C+covered+their+fair+share+of+the+globe+this+summer%3B+having+fun+and+making+memories+that+will+last+a+lifetime.+

Juniors Teddy Meredith and Sedona Gibson, along with many other North Atlanta students, covered their fair share of the globe this summer; having fun and making memories that will last a lifetime.

Although North Atlanta students spend most of their leisure time in Georgia during the school year, this summer saw the much-beloved Dubs go global. Students from all grade levels took full advantage of COVID travel restrictions being lifted and made their way to some of the most awe-inspiring places in the world. Summer 22 was certainly one for the books, perhaps even North Atlanta’s best summer yet. 

Some students took the route of guided travel experiences, one of the most popular being Moondance Adventures. Moondance is a teen travel program that takes groups to some of the most incredible places around the world, and it is a North Atlanta favorite. Junior Teddy Meredith had the experience of a lifetime this summer with Moondance, venturing to the Hawaiian Islands with other travel-loving teens. “My Moondance trip was an absolute blast and easily the best part of my summer,” said Meredith. “I can’t wait to go back next year.” 

It’s pretty typical for students to use the Summer as a time to boost their resumes and college applications, often by participating in internships. What’s not as typical is for these internships to be on the other side of the world. Junior Sedona Gibson spent her summer completing a law internship in London, England, while also squeezing in time to visit some of the world’s most famous landmarks. “I learned a lot and I am very excited to see what opportunities this internship opens up for me,” said Gibson. “Getting to visit the Eiffel Tower was also a big plus.”

While visiting new countries made for an immaculate summer experience, plenty of students were able to have an amazing break without boarding a plane at all. For instance, many students headed down to Florida. These Dubs spent their break laying on the sand and swimming in the ocean, privileges the city of Atlanta can not provide to its residents. One of these Florida-bound teens was sophomore Bella Van Nostran, who vacationed in Cape San Blas, Florida for a week in July. “I love the beach so much, and wish I could be there right now,” Van Nostran said. “Florida may not be the most tropical of destinations, but it always makes for a great summer trip.” 

Summer 2022 had no limits, and saw North Atlanta students in locations around the world. Wherever they were, the Dubs truly lived their lives to the fullest and had joyful experiences that they will never forget. As students leave their travels behind and head back to school, they can all cling to the plans, hopes, and dreams they have for next summer. But for now, goodbye summer, and please (pretty please) come back soon!